I’ve been very busy working on my contribution for a super awesome recipe challenge.
By “very busy” I of course mean busy just thinking about doing it and/or procrastinating. Hey! It’s a challenging recipe. Cut me some slack!
In the mean time I remembered I had this tasty little number stashed away in the vault. It’s a very easy grilled pizza that I put together for an impromptu party this summer. It’s perfect for sharing with friends. I mean, if they’re good friends. Otherwise you may just want to hoard it all for yourself.
Cut this up into little wedges and it makes the perfect little party app. Everyone loves Buffalo chicken. Seriously. And if they don’t they’re not coming to any of my parties!
- 2-4 tablespoons butter
- ⅓ cup Frank’s hot sauce*
- 1 chicken breast, fully cooked and cut into bite-size pieces
- ½ cup shredded pizza cheese
- ⅓ cup crumbled blue cheese or Gorgonzola
- a few slices of red onion
- 2 pieces of naan bread (I used whole wheat)
- Melt butter and mix with the hot sauce to your liking. The more butter you use, the less spicy your sauce will be.
- Toss the chicken pieces in the sauce. Remove chicken pieces from the sauce with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Spread a thin layer of the remaining sauce on top of each naan.
- Top each pizza with the pizza cheese, chicken, blue cheese, and red onion slices.
- Preheat grill. Turn one side of the grill to low and one side to high.
- Place pizzas on the low side. Cook pizzas until bottom is crisp and cheese is melted. About 15 minutes.
- If using the oven, cook at 425 for 11-13 minutes or until cheese is melted.